The project achieved the following main results:
- based on the survey and analysis of 362 responses from industrials, 152 responses from academics and 1110 responses from students, the list of intended learning outcomes and the courses of the core curriculum in SES were defined;
- the core curriculum (second cycle) in the field of Smart Energy Systems, containing peer-reviewed teaching and learning materials of nine courses (47 ECTS) and practical training course (4 ECTS) supplied with the Guide helping to ensure deeper involvement of the industry, were developed;
- all the developed courses were piloted and implemented at RU/VN HEIs, involving 383 students within master programs, as well as undergraduate, mobility and internship programs, and the summer schools;
- the laboratory and lecture-room equipment (incl. laboratory benches, hardware, software, books, multimedia tools, etc.) were installed and used for teaching and learning to pilot and implement new or modernised programs at partners universities;
- two new and seven modernized Master level programs were harmonized with the ESSENCE core curricula and implemented at RU/VN universities enrolling 221 students;
- to sustain the implementation of the new and modernized programs the concept of the ESSENCE summer school and related teaching materials (2 ECTS) were developed;
- the online ESSENCE summer school were organized enrolling 78 students, 18 academic staff and 5 industry companies;
- the academic staff of seven RU/VN HEIs were trained in advanced teaching methodologies and curriculum development in accordance with Bologna requirements and EQF;
- to support the educational programs and to enhance job placement of program’s graduates 30 agreements were signed with industrial enterprises in RU and VN;
- 17 agreements on cooperation or/and academic mobility between the partners were signed;
- the project website and promotional materials (incl. animated promo-video) to disseminate the project results and newly implemented programs were developed.
The project benefited multiple target groups on different levels during the project life-time and beyond: current and prospective students, staff of participating universities, higher educational society, and industry.